Saturday, July 23, 2011

Annah's favorite women artists part 2

Tamara de Lempicka
Portrait de Madame M. 1932


Alice Neel
Marisol, 1981


Kara Walker
(another top fave, the subject of one of my best Art History research papers. Thank you Kara for being wonderful in every way)
An installation of Kara's


Ana Mendieta 
(I was constantly surrounded with Mendieta's artworks this past school year, working and filing and archiving slides and books for my campus job, so I have a newfound passion and appreciation for her creations)



Leonora Carrington
(wrote another one of my best Art History research papers on this artist. She has a very special place in my heart.)
Self-Portrait, 1936-37


Leonor Fini
L’Entracte de L’Apotheose, 1938-39


Helen Frankenthaler
Helen Frankenthaler posing with creation, 1957


Faith Ringgold
The Flag is Bleeding #2


Montserrat Gudiol


Emilia Castaneda


Jenny Saville
Passage, 2004

THIS IS NOT THE ENTIRETY OF MY BELOVED ARTISTS I haven't even covered performance art, sculpture or photography yet. Too many to name, so many to love and admire.



Posted by: Annah Ruhland